Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crafty Valentine's Day!

Every Valentine's Day, I carry on with my tradition of making my own handmade cards for my immediate family... my hubby, Alyssa and Nico always receive Valentine's card made with love.

This year, I used more glimmer mist than I did previously. All three cards are misted in the front and the back, using the same mask for the kids' cards. For all three cards, I used little hearts from Maya Road 'love mini chipboard set' that I inked, misted, and then covered with one of my faves: Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint from Tim Holtz.

So here is Alyssa's card... an ultra feminine look for a super girly girl! She loves it!


Glimmer mist: Party Pink
Ink (heart): Worn Lipstick and Black Soot
Punch: Martha Stewart
Heart: Maya Road
Tag: Core'dinations
Heartshape pins: Unknown


As for Nicholas' card, I went with a more masculine look. Using the same mask, I glimmer misted the front and back of the card, and I added a very red heart that I wrapped with rafia! Simple, but pretty without being too girly... 


Glimmer mist: Red Velvet
Ink (heart): Barn Door and Black Soot
Heart: Maya Road
Tag: Core'dinations
Rafia: Unknown

And here is the card I made for Scotty... very grungy! I used the same Maya Road hearts set, along with a small Tim Holtz grungeboard key that I completely distressed with all kinds of mediums: ink, crackle paint, pearl paint, and more ink! You should see my pretty fingers day... ;o). I also embossed the front of the card (Tim Holtz) , I inked it and finally, I sprayed it with glimmer mist.


Glimmer mist: Red Velvet
Ink: Barn Door and Back Soot
Hearts & 'love': Maya Road

Now, time to go celebrate Valentine's Day with my loved one!

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to spread the love!!



1 comment: