Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New DT projects

Last week, my Diva friends and I attended a crop in Dixon's Corner. We had a lot of fun and we created in a very relaxed atmosphere. This was a good place for me to be at the time, because I was tasked, as a design team member for Tina's Scrapbooking Creations, to create layouts with some paper collections that do not correspond to my usual style; I named  Karen Foster design hockey paper collection and Imaginisce Hippity Hop paper collection.

So, I had to think outside the box... to say that I was out of my comfort zone is an huge understatement!  To boost my inspiration, I picked some of my favorite pictures of the kids.  Here is what I created with the hockey paper.




Since I just love working with corrugated cardboard, I used plenty of it on this layout to give it a boyish and grungy look. I used black shinny cardstock that kind of gives a icy look to the background. I like the final result! This is more 'me' than I expected when I started working on it.

The second layout I made is a single page of my little sweetie when she turned 3 years old. She received a cute raincoat and hat outfit from my Mom for her birthday and played that 'going on a trip' game. Using some of the Imaginisce Hippity Hop paper and white dotted cardstock, I created a girly and childish looking layout.




I stamped here and there around the page using a Tim Holtz stamp to create some kind of a frame to the layout. I like the result, but it really forced me out of my comfort zone.  I'm happy I made it as my daughter likes it very much.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love them both! You assemble so many different details so expertly that all I can say is "WOW!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know how nervous and out of sorts you felt when you first started both of these layouts,but of course you made them look stunning!
    the crispness of the Tim Holtz stamps are amazing.At first I thought they were rub ons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You rocked both of those layouts!

    ReplyDelete