Monday, July 16, 2012

Evolution 4

Hello Friends! It has been six long weeks since I wrote on my blog... life got busy, that's the least I can say! But here I am, full of energy and with a lot of new layouts and fun stuff to share with you.

I am back from France where I spent two wonderful weeks visiting Paris and the Loire Vallée with my hubby. Of course, I took over 600 pictures, just to make sure I have enough scrapping material to keep me busy for the next 5 years!
So, being back home also means being back to preparing classes for Scrap en masse, my favorite scrapbooking store! I started a series of posts on the theme of evolution where I presented layouts I did during the course 'Technique de Scrapbooking #1 / Scrapbooking Techniques #1', which by the way will be given in English this fall.

Now I am presenting the layout I made for the second part of the course, 'Technique de Scrapbooking #2 / Scrapbooking Techniques #2' (same links as above). The first session of this series of 3 courses aim at combining stamping techniques along with creating a doilie and following specific guidelines in a layout.  Here is the layout I created last year, when I first took the class:


Based on an original layout created by Josée Lalonde (SEM)

I have fond memories coming back at me when I see this layout, as it reminds me of the wonderful visit my family and I had in Victoria. We also visited Butchart Gardens, which is by far the most beautiful flower garden I've ever seen!

Since I could not find a doilie that matched my photos, I created one by cutting a big circle and punching smaller circles that I crumpled with my fingers and then sanded.


We also used background stamps to created a cool effect on the white cardstock. Since I also wanted to include pictures of the flowers I saw, I re-sized four of them into 2x3 wallet size pictures using PhotoShop Element and combined them on a single 4x6 mat. I few embellishments clustered around, et voilà!


This time around, I created a totally different 'look' using the same layout. I made this girly looking layout for my very girly daughter. She loves it!

Based on an original layout created by Josée Lalonde (SEM)

Again, I made my own doilie, this time using the hearts that were on one of my papers.  I cut them with scissors and inked them with Walnut Stain distress ink.

I found this cute girl chipboard in a sale bin at SEM. I painted it and added a few coats of glimmer glam to give it a glittery effect. I embellished it with pearls and flowers.



I used the new sew stamping around my page, I love how it turned out!



Finally, I used a beautiful background stamp and spayed it with goosebumps texture spay, a very cool product that adds texture to any surface. You can see it on this picture. I used a beautiful die designed by cheery lynn designs, a company that I just discovered and that creates some truly amazing dies!

I hope you enjoyed this post! Happy scrapping everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment